Project 13s GASE is my attempt to make a 13-second Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe. Why a Grand Am? Well, why not?! I think the Grand Am makes the ultimate sleeper and it is a definite challenge, and I love a good challenge!. The project will be broken down into stages in order to test various levels of performance and to also lessen the financial blow. The 12-second turbo idea is now DOA due to cost. The Grand Am is not the most luxurious or well-made car and has caused me many headaches over the past few years due to poor engineering on GM's part. So, sinking several thousand into the turbo is reserved for a more reliable platform ...
For the old Custom Turbo Page, click HERE
Pictures and Specs of my car can be found at: http://www.n-body.net/registry/craig99se2/.
I also have a CarDomain.com entry here: http://members.cardomain.com/12sgase.
Stock - Baseline: 170HP, 136WHP (est.) Dyno Chart
Stage I - Bolt-On's: 198HP (est.), 159WHP Dyno Chart
Stage II - Engine Work:
Stage III - Future Products:
Appearance Mods: DETAILS
As the project evolves, I'll be updating the site with pictures, notes, research, etc. I also plan on performing a dyno run between each Stage above. If you have any questions and/or comments, feel free to e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am also open to sponsorships!
- 07/19/04 - Running WAY TOO RICH! Replaced GMS MAF with Stock MAF
- 07/16/04 - Installed Ichibahn Pedals, Lighter and Mirror
- 06/17/04 - Replaced SLP muffler with DynoMax Super Turbo ... MUCH BETTER sound quality!
- 06/13/04 - Front EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads installed, Front Calipers painted
- 06/05/04 - Installed TOG Headers, Updated project product details, Added Header install pics
- 08/23/03 - Ignition system upgraded with Accel Super DIS coils and Taylor 8mm wires
- 07/31/03 - GMS MAF and AFE Filter installed - Custom Intake Setup Page & pics added
- 07/20/03 - B&M Super Cooler installed - Trans Temp stays at 160 degrees F now!
- 07/18/03 - Project changed from a 12-Second Turbo GA to a 13-Second Nitrous GA
- 06/04/03 - Added Chassis Mods Section, New wheels and tires installed
- 05/12/03 - After talking to a turbo "expert", MANY CHANGES HERE!
- 05/09/03 - Dyno results from RSM Port & Polish added
- 04/27/03 - Returned from RSM Racing (heads, intake, TB) ... Pulls H-A-R-D!!
- 03/28/03 - Added Appearance Mods page
- 03/26/03 - Updated Custom Turbo page with new turbo calculations
- 03/23/03 - I drove Dave's "homegrown" Garrett T3/T4 Turbo 3.4L Alero! WOW!
- 03/15/03 - Installed Poly Trans Mount, Lotek Gauge Pod and Hi-Speed Fan Switch
- 03/13/03 - Installed Split Second Air/Fuel Ratio Meter
- 03/07/03 - Custom Header design finalized. Plans on Custom Turbo page
- 02/28/03 - Stage I was dyno'ed! I will re-dyno on a DynoJet (see dyno charts)
- 01/23/03 - ASE Performance Chip installed! I found my next problem ... TRACTION!
- 01/20/03 - PCM sent to ASE ... car temporarily disabled :-(
- 01/15/03 - SLP Catback Exhaust installed
- 01/02/03 - SLP Catback Exhaust ordered, Front & Rear STB's installed
- 12/20/02 - New pictures and edits made to Custom Turbo, Custom ECM and Main pages