4.6L Budget Stroker
- 9.6:1 Compression Ratio
- 4.6L (280.7 cu in.) Displacement
- ~260HP @ 4850RPM
- ~324lb/ft @ 3500RPM
- 4.0L Jeep Complete Engine Assembly
- 4.0L Jeep '91-'95 Ported Cylinder Head (if above engine is not '91-'95)
- 4.2L Jeep 3.895" Stroke Crankshaft
- 4.2L Jeep 5.875" Piston Rods
- Sealed Power H802CP 0.030" Overbore Pistons
- CompCams #68-231-4 Camshaft
- Mopar Performance 0.043" Head Gasket
- Ford Motorsports 24lb/hr Fuel Injectors
- HESCO Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Obtain a Complete 4.0L Jeep Engine Assembly. Preferrably a '91-'95 since the heads on those years had the best airflow rates. Post-'95 they reduced the exhaust ports to improve emissions by heating the cat up faster. I found a '94 4.0L out of a totalled XJ that had 138K original miles. I was able to pick it up as shown for $250.
- Strip engine down to the bare block. You can discard the crankshaft, pistons, rods, camshaft, timing set, lifters, pushrods as they will be replaced in this build-up.
- Have block and head machined and prepped for rebuild. YMMV, but I had the following done to the block:
- Burn, Blasted and Magnafluxed
- 0.030" Overbore
- Cylinders Honed
- Main Bearings Align-Honed
- Decked enough to level surface
- New Orleans Party Bus
- Re-assembled with Cam Bearings, Freeze Plugs, etc.